Monday, March 9, 2009

Delia's Banana Bread

My roommate, Delia, is one of the few people I know who loves food as much as I do. The difference between us though is that Delia is also an amazing cook. Our kitchen perpetually smells like one of her many concoctions. The creation of the day today was banana bread. I know banana bread is nothing unusual or extraordinary, but Delia's banana bread is extraordinary. I was never a big fan of banana bread until I moved into my apartment with Delia. Now, it is one of the things I will miss most after I stop living with my chef of a roommate. So, given Delia's permission, I am putting the recipe here for you. I promise, give it a try and you will not regret it (except maybe for the pounds you will gain when you cannot stop eating it).

Banana Bread Recipe

Yields 1 loaf

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 325
Butter loaf pan
Combine all ingredients in bowl
Bake for 1 hour


*An additional thought: this would be amazing with chocolate sauce, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment